Dear Parents & children,
Happy belated “Mother’s Day” to all our wonderful mother’s in our Saint Maur community. I want to share a book by Eric Carle who celebrates mothers in our animal kingdom called,
“Does a Kangaroo have a mother too?
Please take a look and a listen HERE
*Please note: Just towards the end of my story reading there is an unintentional pause for a few seconds thanks to my internet. You can still hear me though.
Questions to ask after the story:
- Can you remember what animal was on the first page? A big clue, she comes from Australia!
- What animal has a long neck? Why do you think they have one?
- Which animal lives in the ocean?
- Which animal has a long trunk? Why is it so long?
- If a male lion is called a lion, what do you call the female?
- What do you call a baby elephant?
- What is the name of a baby kangaroo? Can you remember what a mother kangaroo is called?
Activities to try:
Fun kangaroo craft click HERE
Just print or draw, cut and assemble together.
Draw/paint like the author Eric Carle. Take a look at his life story HERE